Monday, February 23, 2009

Finally, an update!

Hello Lovelies!
So, i haven't updated in a quite a while! I check to see if I have any comments during the day, and I wonder why I don't have any! Maybe, it's because I don't update! :)
I think Nolan is trying to get some teeth!! Poor guy only ate about four times today, and he has four little white dots on the bottom set of his gums! I hope he doesn't start to bite when he nurses now!! OUCH!
Gabe has been a little bit of a stinker the last couple days. I'm not sure what his deal is, but i'm sure in the next few days he'll even out a bit. It seems like whenever he misses a nap one day, the next few are a hit and miss...
We are going to my parents' house this saturday. My girlfriend katie is getting married, March 7th! How exciting!! I still need to try and find something to wear, I just haven't had any luck! I found a dress from Gap-but to make it look better, i am going to need to get the pockets sewn shut. They hit right at my hips, and make me look really wide-no one needs that!!
Vicki bought me a wonderful book called " Easy Green Living" I LOVE it! It has bits on how to read labels, the best cleaning products, recipes for cleaning products, face masks and everyhing you ever would want and need to know about being green!
My friend Amber had mentioned something about pthatlates, and that I should look them up. I googled them, and I couldn't find much. I was pleased to find that there is quite a bit about them in "Easy Green Living." Pthatlates are used to make fragrance last longer, whether it be in air freshener or cleaning products. They cause reproductive and developmental disorders, and cancer; they have a bigger effect on men-they can also cause testicular atrophy! OI VE!! All that just for a smelly good room!! Its reccommended that you use the reed diffusers instead of a spray or the plug ins-but you need to make sure that they are derived from plant sources...
Did you know that if just one New Yorker would use a cloth sack for their groceries, it would prevent 5 MILLION pounds of waste, and save $250,000 in disposal costs??
I'm going to try and include at least one new thing that i've learned from this book every post or so...Maybe if someone just glances through my posts and sees my green tips and tid bits-then maybe they'll apply it to their daily routines. I know it's a task to grab a book and flip through to find the things that might apply to you-so ill make it easy on you! :)
We love ya'll, hope you have a good week!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Funny you picked this background, I used to have it as my background before the holidays! You have good taste ;) And thanks for the "green" tips! You know me...I am probably the furthest from "green". But I'm working on it for you!! Sorry I missed your call last night. I came out to visit my mom and when I was putting Josh to bed, I fell asleep myself! Oh and bad news...I am out of text messages until the 1 of March! So I promise I am not ignoring you love! POST MORE PICTURES! I love love love to see your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that the book is being put to good use! It makes me so happy that you want to do your part to make our planet a cleaner and better place for future generations (of Vojaks!!!)
    I always say...enjoy the journey...be a good steward in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very glad that you are enjoying the book and putting it to good use! It makes me happy and proud that you want to do your part to take care of our planet so that it will be here for future generations of Vojaks!!! Go Green!

    "Enjoy the Journey"
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....I didn't think the first message took...I'm just figuring this stuff out myself!

    Love you all...kisses to my little guys!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete